1. When linking a Shopify store to CEE, the user on Shopify must be a SUPERUSER.
If the credentials entered do not have adequate privileges, an error appears on the Shopify screen. To avoid making such an error, always insist that the user be a super user only.
2. tracking id.js should get loaded in network tab (ADGMOT…js)
For enabling web activity events trackingid.js should got loaded in network tab.
Network tab can be seen in chrome browser as
- click on 3 dots seen on top right corner
- go to more tools > Developer Tools
"Tracking id.js" is completely reliant on "smartech_config.liquid," which is injected into "theme.liquid" during the shopify-to-smartechech connection.
In some circumstances, due to the use of a third-party app, "theme.liquid" is not used and instead another liquid file overrides the layout; in this scenario, we must add the following code snippet before the end of the body tag to the active layout liquid file.
3. Network Tab - https://cdnt.netcoresmartech.com/smartech-shopify-v2.js and https://cdnt.netcoresmartech.com/smartechcode.js should get loaded in network tab
If you find above mentioned JS are not getting loaded then there are two possibilities
There is some issue while connecting shopify store from CEE
Client might have done some optimization and blocked few JS URL to enhance page speed.
4. Examine Shopify's Events
For verifying shopify events, please follow these steps
Run smartech('debug','1') in developer console
Add To Cart & Remove from Cart
Events and Payload - Debugging
To know more about the Events and Payloads click here
Step 5 - Verify Purchase event on revenue dashboard
This is the final step of verification, where you must check revenue on CEE's revenue dashboard.
In general, it takes time to reflect revenue counts on the revenue dashboard, but you must ensure that the Product Purchase event and its amount payload option are visible in the dropdown.
There are two scenarios if the Amount payload is not seen against a Product Purchase event.
- The amount payload was not collected
- The payload was caught as a data type other than int or float.
Updated 3 months ago