Facebook Custom Audience is a set of contacts that you can create from your existing contact database. You can target Facebook Ad campaigns to these audiences.
CE helps you create Custom Audiences out of existing CE segments. You can choose to sync the segments automatically with the Custom Audience.
Currently, CE syncs email addresses and mobile numbers with Facebook Custom Audience.
Using CE for Facebook Custom Audiences comprises two steps:
- Authorise CE to access your Facebook Ad Manager Account
- Create Custom Audiences
Authorising CE to access Facebook Ad Manager Account
In order to create Custom Audiences through CE, you need to allow CE to access your Ad Manager Account.
To authorize CEE, perform the following steps:
- Go to Settings > Audience Targetting.
- You can add only one FB account per panel
- You can map multiple Ad accounts associated with the added FB account
- Click the Add Account link. You will be redirected to your Facebook page.
- If you are not logged in, log in to your account. On the page that appears, confirm that you allow CE to manage your adverts.
- Click OK. You would be redirected to the CE. The Map Ad Accounts dialog box appears.
- All the ad accounts associated with the Ad Manager Account are listed. Check the ones that you want to use for CE.
- Click Save.
The Ad Manager Account is added to CE.
You can view, edit, or delete the account by clicking the respective links provided for the same.
Creating Custom Audience in CE
To create a Custom Audience in CE:
- Go to Audience > Facebook custom audience.
- Click Create New.
- In the Create Facebook Custom Audience page:
- In the Custom Audience Name field, provide a relevant name for the CA you are creating.
- From the CE Segment drop-down, select the segment from which you want to create the CA.
- From the Ad Account drop-down, select the account to which this CA in context would belong.
- Click Save.
The CA is created and is displayed in the Facebook Custom Audience Dashboard.
Syncing the Custom Audience with CEE The segments in CEE are not static, and hence the Custom Audiences created from these segments have to be updated. You can enable or disable the automatic syncing of the Custom Audiences with their respective segments by toggling the Auto Sync button provided against each CA in the dashboard. On enabling the Auto Sync, the segments and CA are periodically synced. Alternatively, you can click the Sync Now link for manual syncing.
Status of Custom Audiences
Facebook shows the following statuses for the Custom Audience. You can view the same in CEE’s Facebook Custom Audience dashboard:
Low Audience – Facebook has defined a certain minimum number of contacts that must exist in the Custom Audience. If the segment has fewer contacts than this number, the status is displayed as Low Audience.
Ready – The Custom Audience is ready for use.
In Progress – The creation of Custom Audience is in progress.
Failed – The Custom Audience could not be created/updated.
Updated over 1 year ago